Monday, November 12, 2012

My Favorite Veterans

by Larry Simons
November 12, 2012

Veterans Day was yesterday. I have always had a strong support for the military, mainly because many of my family members served in the military. Here are a few of them, in no particular order. I thank all military personnel for their service, especially the ones in my family.

My grandfather, Laverne Isaac Brendle (1918-1955). Served in the Marine Corps from 1943-1945 in the Pacific during WWII. This photo was taken August 6, 1945, the day the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima.


















My father, Richard Lee Simons, Sr. (1940-    ) Served in the Marine Corps from 1956-1960.

















My stepfather, William Craig Garde (1935-2010). Served in the Navy from 1952-1956 during the Korean War. 



3 comments:

the_last_name_left said...

They'd be ashamed of how you have derided my grandfather's service.

And by your tolerance of Holocaust denial and crypto-fascists.

Real Truth Online said...

I've not said one word about your grandfather's service. But you think that I sign into my blog under names other than "Larry" and "Real Truth Online". You have the freedom to believe whatever you want.

rob said...

larry, your family served proudly and fought the japanese and the germans. while the only thing that last frauds grand dad fought was boredom. lol..lol..lol..lmgdmfao.