Friday, September 16, 2011

Another Reason I Love Barry Manilow: He Supports Ron Paul


Manilow calls Congressman Paul “solid” and that he agrees with just about everything he says

by Larry Simons
September 16, 2011

Reporter for The Daily Caller, Nicholas Ballasy, stopped Grammy award-winning singer-songwriter Barry Manilow in Washington D.C. yesterday to ask him a few questions about his visit. Manilow was on Capital Hill speaking about atrial fibrillation, a heart disease that affects over 2 million Americans, including Manilow, who has fought the disease for 15 years.

Ballasy then asked Manilow about his support of Ron Paul in 2007. Manilow contributed to Ron Paul’s campaign then and still supports him now.

“I like him. I like what he says, I do. I like what he says. I think he’s solid,” said Manilow, who confirmed to The Daily Caller in an interview at the Capitol on Thursday that he contributed to Paul’s last campaign for president.

“I agree with just about everything he says. What can I tell you?” the 68-year-old Manilow added.

watch the clip

3 comments:

the_last_name_left said...

You "love" Barry Manilow?

Well, at least you're not afraid of the hegemony of cool.

Larry said...

His music is better than that shit music you posted on your blog the other day. Jesus Christ, that music you did sounds like me having bowel movements.

the_last_name_left said...

haha - well, it should do if you like Barry Manilow.

IF we got a thousand western 20 year olds in a club, and played my stuff vs Manilow, I know which they'd prefer. Not that it means anything much, and not that it makes my stuff especially good (because it isn't - I happily acknowledge that!)

I don't like Barry Manilow - it's easy listening and just not very good imo.

But it's fine that you like him. I don't have a problem with that.

Indeed, I think you're very brave to say you do. Good for you. I hate the hegemony of "cool". People should like whatever they like.