Friday, March 28, 2008
Call For New 9/11 Investigation Reaches Crescendo
Public figures increasingly speaking out while media ignores professionals and experts
Paul Joseph Watson
March 28, 2008
Calls for a new 9/11 inquiry are reaching a crescendo, with well-respected authorities and celebrities alike adding their voices to the cause, as the official 9/11 story crumbles under the weight of revelations of White House ties to the 9/11 Commission, and other cover-ups on behalf of authorities staffed with investigating the attacks.
The corporate media's insistence on ignoring hundreds of professional experts who are calling for a new 9/11 investigation has spurred many celebrities to use their public platforms to speak out, knowing that the press will at least have to address the issue.
The latest to do so is top comedian Margaret Cho, who told the Alex Jones Show yesterday that the public were going to become very angry when it was fully disclosed that the attacks were a conspiracy, concurring with fellow comedian George Carlin who also questioned the official story last year.
The path was trailblazed by Charlie Sheen in March 2006 when he spoke of his doubts about the official story and questioned the collapse of WTC Building 7. Sheen was endlessly smeared for weeks after but he prompted a national debate about 9/11 and the 9/11 Truth Movement enjoyed what many consider to be its most productive year.
In September 2006, former Governor, actor and wrestling star Jesse Ventura questioned 9/11 during an on-camera interview with Alex Jones and also cited Operation Northwoods and the Gulf of Tonkin as examples of how the government has planned and carried out staged war provocations in the past.
In July 2007, popular film maker Michael Moore told WeAreChange.org reporters that he had many more questions about 9/11 than at the time of making Fahrenheit 9/11 and did not believe the public had been told "half the truth" about what really happened.
Martin Sheen echoed his son's comments in October 2007 along with rising actor Mark Ruffalo, following in the footsteps of Rosie O'Donnell, who caused shockwaves when she brought 9/11 truth to national prominence during her stint as The View host.
The View was also used as a platform for actor James Brolin to raise 9/11 truth, who questioned the official version of events in the same week that acclaimed director David Lynch spoke out.
Lynch told Dutch television he thought WTC Building 7 was brought down via controlled demolition and that the Pentagon and Pennsylvania crash sites were suspicious due to the absence of evidence that a plane crashed at either location.
Other notable public figures speaking out at the same time included Ed Asner, Matthew Bellemy of Muse and director Richard Linklater.
American icon Willie Nelson threw his hat in the ring last month, when he told The Alex Jones Show that he thought the twin towers were imploded like condemned Las Vegas casino buildings.
Nelson's comments were almost universally blackballed by the corporate media, who had patently learned from the Sheen controversy that smear campaigns were only leading to more people being exposed to the information and beginning the wake-up process.
Of course, the really important advocates of 9/11 truth are the hundreds of architects, scholars, engineers and other expert professionals who are demanding a fresh inquiry, but they are habitually ignored by the media as the 9/11 Truth Movement is smeared as a fringe interest fad populated by kooks and imbeciles.
In reality, doubts about the official 9/11 story are shared by a myriad of well-respected figures.
The Japanese Parliament were recently a captive audience to a 9/11 truth presentation by Fujita Yukihisa - a member of the House of Councillors in the Diet.
Andreas von Buelow, the former German Defense Secretary, was perhaps the first most prominent individual to go on the record back in 2004, when he blamed the CIA for orchestrating the attacks.
He was followed by former environment minister in Tony Blair's government Michael Meacher, who questioned the stand down of NORAD on 9/11 and dismissed the entire war on terror as a hoax.
Veteran CIA agent and respected geopolitical expert Robert Baer said that "all the evidence points to" 9/11 having had elements of an inside job during a radio apperance in June 2006.
Late last year, former Italian President Francesco Cossiga told Italy's most respected newspaper that the attacks were run by the CIA and Mossad and that this was common knowledge amongst global intelligence agencies.
Former Wall Street Journal editor, U.S. Treasury Secretary and founder of Reaganomics Paul Craig Roberts questioned the susupicious collapse of the twin towers and Building 7 in February 2006.
Headed up by Richard Gage, the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth organization lists hundreds of experts in their field who all concur that the implosion of the buildings is not consistent with the official story and needs to be investigated.
Scholars For 9/11 Truth & Justice, headed by Professor Steven Jones, counts amongst its ranks hundreds of physicists, scientists and academic professionals who all share doubts about 9/11.
Another website, Patriots For 9/11 Truth, lists hundreds more former government, military, air force, and navy officials who have all spoken out about 9/11.
With the impartiality of the 9/11 Commission having been blown wide open by revelations of White House ties with Philip Zelikow, allied to the fact that the Pentagon knowingly lied to the Commission during testimony, the call for a new independent inquiry, armed with subpoena powers, is amplifying to a crescendo.
Allegations of a cover-up in regard to the organization responsible for investigating the collapse of the twin towers on behalf of FEMA this week also increased the pressure.
The more prominent figures that add their voice to that call, be they captains of culture or respected authorties in their discipline, can only increase the eventual likelihood of a new investigation.