Monday, August 6, 2007

Another kick-ass victory for Ron Paul

The Iowa debates give Ron Paul the opportunity to shine at his very brighest

by Larry Simons
August 6, 2007

Ron Paul’s weekend actually kicked off in his hometown of Pittsburgh, PA, in which I had the opportunity to attend. As soon as I walked into the lobby of the Four Points Sheraton Hotel, I saw Congressman Paul standing there chatting with a few people. He was very approachable and pleasant. I shook his hand and told him, “It’s a real honor to meet you after following your campaign all this time”. He thanked me. I said, “What’s happening to this country…and to Washington?” Very sternly he said, “It’s a mess”.

I then told him, “It’s sad that we live in a country where there’s only one of you. Everyone in Washington should be like you, but there’s only you” He said, “Well, I may not be the ONLY one. It seems a lot of people in this country are longing for this message and they really want change”. I thanked him for taking the time to chat with me and I asked for his autograph and a photo with me. He graciously signed my printout of the Constitution and posed in a photo with me. He later gave a very powerful speech to thunderous applause.

Then it was off to Iowa for the remainder of the weekend, and on Sunday morning, he participated in his 4th Republican debate moderated by George Stephanopoulos.

Watch the video montage of Paul’s performance:



This was Ron Paul at his very best and it may have just been the most defining moment of his entire campaign so far, and once again, he is the clear winner in all internet polls, including ABC and MSNBC.

“I, of course, opposed the war a long time before it started. The Neo-cons promoted this war many, many years before it was started. It had nothing to do with al-Qaeda. There was no al-Qaeda in Iraq. There were no weapons of mass destruction, and just think of the weapons the Soviets had in the 60’s and the 70’s, and we did not have to go to nuclear war with them. There’s no reason to go to war with these third world nations. At the same time, those individuals who have predicted these disastrous things to happen….if we leave Iraq..are the same ones who said ‘as soon as we go in it will just be duck soup, it will be over in 3 months, it won’t cost us anything because the oil will pay for it’…….”

Then Ron Paul is cut off by Mitt Romney who attempts to smokescreen Paul’s words of total 100% FACT by echoing the Neo-con talking point of linking the war to 9-11 by stating, “Has he forgotten about 9/11? Have you forgotten about 9/11?” Paul continued, “..and at the same time the individuals who predicted the disaster of course, the domino theory in Vietnam…I was called to duty, I accepted that duty in the 60’s..I served 5 years in the military. When we left there, it was tough, yes, but now we trade with Vietnam, we talk to them, the President’s come to this country, we go back and forth, we invest in that country. We can achieve MUCH more in peace than we can ever achieve in these needless, unconstitutional, undeclared wars”.

As mentioned above, Romney is playing the “9/11 was connected to Iraq” card even though Bush has even ADMITTED on several occasions that Iraq has NOTHING to do with al-Qaeda or 9/11. Don’t believe me, sheep? Watch:



Romney must be still living in 2003 when Bush DID link Iraq to 9/11. Of course, we all know that this was a blatant LIE to get Americans to support invading Iraq, but since people like Joe Wilson have come along and have exposed Bush on his lies, the gig is up on the Iraq/9/11 connection and Mitt Romney really needs to jump to the year 2007 and join the rest of humanity.

Here’s a clip of Bush linking Saddam to al Qaeda in 2003….the year Mitt Romney is still living in.

No comments: